Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Escondido Falls - Malibu



I went hiking for the very first time in Los Angeles recently. Escondido Falls is a hiking trail situated right off the Pacific Coast Highway (CA-1) in the beach town of Malibu. We parked in a lot adjacent to PCH and started our mile-long hike up private residential street in order to reach the starting point of the hiking trail. I had no idea I would embark on a hike with a man afraid of bugs and snakes, climb/repel a steep incline with a flimsy rope, jump over a rattlesnake to continue the hike (in hopes of viewing a massive waterfall), and have my very first hike cut short because of said fearful grown man. Nevertheless, I was able  to take a few pictures of the landscape and the first waterfall (it should be noted that there is a series of visually stimulating waterfalls that increase exponentially in beauty/force/all-around majestic power as hikers make there way along the trail).





1 comment:

  1. I'll go if you r really down to go, gonna go to Mishe Mokwa in a couple weeks, found ur site lookin up this trail

    ReplyDelete